Friday, July 24, 2015

4:09:00 PM



Mary Lou Lord is no stranger when it comes to the music industry. She's been around the block. Throughout the 90's and early 2000's, she's Busked herself into the hearts of many songlovers. Mainly, because, she has a knack for    song-finding   , and choosing covers that even the most obscure record guru   s would appreciate. She   s teamed up in the past with Elliott Smith, a long time friend, as well as Nick Saloman of the Bevis Frond. She's made a new album called    Backstreet Angels   . It's comprised of 16 tracks of songs which are a mix of originals and covers. This was initially funded by a Kickstarter campaign, and has not been an easy affair. In 2013 Mary Lou had an accident that required several surgeries     I fell off my fire escape trying to get into my apartment after locking myself out. Both my father and brother were fire-fighters. My brother passed away the Christmas Eve prior to my falling from the fire escape, and although I did manage to break arms and legs and things, I honestly feel that my brother was at the bottom of that fire escape along with my father, like angels, telling me to jump. I wasn   t in the best place in my life at that time, and I feel I was able to let go at that moment, and jump out of my own soul-which was rapidly deteriorating. It changed everything, and I got another chance   . 
Another reason to celebrate, is that Mary Lou's 16 year old daughter Annabelle is collaborating on a few of the tracks, and on to a music career of her own. So, after an 11 year hiatus, this new album is a beautiful example of determination, collaboration, and the healing powers of music, and the love of songs and family and friends. We hope you like this record (yes, we still call them records)



0 comments:

Post a Comment