Monday, September 17, 2018

3:04:00 PM
Album Notes
Never Too Old To Heal supports recovery work, wounded child work, and spiritual renewal. I began my CODA recovery work in 1988 and continue working the 12 Steps to this day, one day at a time. After a double-header day of two meetings back to back, I intuited that we are indeeed never too old to heal! A participant had just stated that “ it is never too late to have a happy childhood”. Since I was nowhere near that understanding, I sought understanding by beginning to write the lyrics and music for this cd. I lived in Olympia, Wa. and was raising Scottish Highland cattle, but realized I required a change of scenery and energy to work on this project, away from my farm work. So, every weekend for the next couple months I stayed in the top left side room at the old Governor’s House Hotel on Capitol Way, to ponder, process and write. I finally recorded and released this cd early in 2010. Now living in Montana, I still honor those first difficult years of recovery work…I still choose daily not to drink alcohol. Some days are better than others, but after 30 years of challenging, continuing recovery work I still maintain that we are never too old to heal. This cd is a bit of a 4th step presented with the love and aspiration coming from the 12th. Many blessings and love to you!

https://ift.tt/2NhzBzp

0 comments:

Post a Comment