Saturday, April 20, 2019

9:04:00 AM

Now for reasons best known to Michelle I was requested to be interviewed.

She now knows how the policemen felt during the interview with Sharon Stone in “BASIC INSTINCTS”

INTERVIEW BY

Michelle Fortier

Director of Radio Promotion, Marketing & Publicity

Trespass Music – Folk, Americana, Country, Acoustic, Singer-Songwriter

We promote the music and the musicians we’re passionate about. 
Thanks for keeping the music alive!

DJ Spotlight – Richard Slack – TME.FM – Spain

I’ve had the opportunity to get to know Richard by email – that’s one great thing about the internet – and really enjoy his humour! Enjoy learning more about Richard and take a listen to his station!

Richard, tell us a bit about yourself and TME.FM, how long have you been on the air and your location?
What genres does your station play and do you have a favorite genre?
What/who got you started in radio?

“I started buying cd’s almost the day they were first made and have an extremely large collection.
I began selling them on a website I called The Music Emporium and I decided to start a radio station to stream the music I had, not music that was usually played on radios but music that was created by those wonderful journeymen/women who rarely get airplay or fame but deserve it more than most of the multi-millionaire video stars.
The Music Emporium For Music was rather long so the radio became TME.fm. that was 10 years ago.

I was using a hosting service that limited the number of listeners, the amount of Mb’s used etc. So I decided to get my own dedicated server and have unlimited everything, broadcast at 320 kbps so the listeners could hear the music as the artists made it to be listened to and not low-quality tinny 128kbps.

I started reporting to RMR Charts and very quickly I was receiving music left, right and center, most ended up in the trash but I am pleased to say I have been able to help quite a few artists reach #1 and many get their work into the charts.
I now work with some excellent PR companies giving their artists as many spins as possible. Not enough hours in the day, unfortunately.
TME.fm streams from my little studio In Altea, Spain to the world! If only the world listened.
No talking all music because no one would understand my accent.
Although Shoutcast has the station listed as Country (been trying to get it changed for years without luck) the station plays Americana, country, folk, blues, bluegrass and roots, an eclectic schedule that is peppered with some of my favorite songs from years past.
Folk music was my first love but over the years I have been unfaithful and now love almost every genre except Jazz; jazz sounds like great musicians playing badly to me. Oh, and all the music “youngsters” listen to today with “genres” I have never heard of.

TME.FM RADIO broadcasting Americana, country, folk and Blues music in all its forms, 24/7 @ 320 kbps, some of them hits none of them misses. Listen out for your favorites and those that will be your new favorites. A lot unknown/lesser artists mix it with the famous. Listen to the music you didn’t know you wanted to listen to”


Do you have an all time favourite artist? Past/Current – Favourite live concert/show?
So you want me to offend all the friends I have made in the music industry do you Michelle by not naming them?
I will tell you the one album I could not live without.
Out of the Blue by ELO from 1977.

I have not been to a concert since moving to Spain, the artists avoid me like the plague in case I write a review.

What do you do in your spare time? Any other favourites besides radio?
Sleep.
Keeping the wife happy (by cooking) and
reading while listening to music. Walking without listening to music.

Is there anything folks can do to help your station stay on the air?
TME.fm is non-profit making and all the bills are paid by the station but we do have a little button thingy on our website where you can buy a coffee for the hard working staff, we drink a lot of coffee, probably our greatest expense. A little from a lot can go a long way.

Where can people tune in? http://tmefm.com/  
There they can listen direct or download a file to play the radio on their favorite media player, we are also on TuneIn and shoutcast.
Social media to stay in touch? https://www.facebook.com/TMEfmradio/
I usually try to answer Facebook messenger immediately but sometimes I am asleep
Twitter @TMEfmRadio
I love receiving emails at tmefm@mail.com

And the most important question last, WHY?
Why do I spend every spare second on my radio station, why do I spend my hard earned money on a station that does not have hundreds of listeners.
Because I love to help all those wonderful artists who produce great music and never make the “big time” and probably don’t want to.
I love to receive a thank you, I love to read their social media when they get into the charts. You can feel their excitement, it is something money cannot buy.
I love music!      LISTEN  HERE 

http://bit.ly/2Dn0dHW

0 comments:

Post a Comment