Saturday, October 17, 2015

6:30:00 PM

Reflection is a natural part of life; for a singer/ songwriter, the simplest look back can be pure magic. Such is the case for Breelan Angel, who is releasing her latest effort, DIAMOND IN A RHINESTONE WORLD. Building on a trademark independent spirit, her crafty and clever lyrics are delivered with vocals steeped in country tradition. Breelan’s talents are on full display as she settles in to capture every moment of life as a twenty-something in song.

“The songs on this album are a reflection of where I am now and what people my age tend to face during this time in our lives,” she explains. “Oddly enough, there ended up being an unplanned theme of ‘diamonds’ throughout the songs. Maybe it’s because people start thinking about settling down and deciding where and with whom they want to start making a life. I feel like these songs touch on this and other forward-looking themes in a very real and emotional way!”

Breelan’s fiery nature is ever present as she wields a shotgun on the cover and sings tracks alluding to taking a break from the stresses of life to songs like “Rub a Little Dirt On It” and “Drinkin Round It.” Known for sending a message to be true to one’s self Breelan and Lacy Green illustrate this notion with the tongue-in-cheek title track, “Rhinestone World.”

“I heard talk about Loretta Lynn’s career on the radio recently,” Breelan remarked. “I started thinking about other memorable women, the ones who left a serious mark and paved the way for artists like myself to speak our mind and be who we want to be. They succeeded by taking chances, doing what they wanted, and remaining honest throughout their career. ‘Rhinestone World’ is a tribute to those women.”

A native of Baytown, Texas, Breelan’s career launched in 2012 with a radio single followed by opening gigs for Loretta Lynn, Cody Johnson, Randy Rogers, Aaron Watson, Easton Corbin, Randy Houser, and more. Releasing five radio singles and the debut album, DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS (DLS), to critical acclaim, she has been “riding the high of it all” and celebrating many positive moments: she was the first female artist to be signed to the Bud Light Texas Country Music Sponsorship; singles “Halfway To Wasted” and “Double Standards” reached the Top 40 on the MusicRow Country Breakout chart while “Pocket Change” (written with Texas mainstay Bri Bagwell) was a Top 20 on the Texas Regional Radio Report; and, most recently, “She Made Your Bed,” was a Hotdisc Top 40 #1 in Europe.

Not missing a beat, Breelan went into the studio with producer Trent Willmon (Cody Johnson, Josh Grider, Curtis Grimes) and recorded a standout EP that fully defines her classic sound.

“I’ve admired Trent as an artist and writer for so long that working with him, as well as building a friendship that will last a lifetime, is a blessing,” she said. “He saw right away that I am a classic country kind of girl and that’s the exact kind of album we recorded. Trent’s passion for classic country matched that of mine and I feel it really enhanced the whole sound of this record.”

Quick to assure that DIAMOND IN A RHINESTONE WORLD is very much “true to life,” Breelan knows that fans are looking for material filled with country color, raw emotion and southern charm.

“I had a lot of time to write for DLS since it was a collection of moments I had gone through over the years, but this record came to life in a matter of months,” she stated. “Knowing exactly who I am right now made it that much easier to choose the songs for this record. Even the two outside cuts were spot on with some of what I’ve gone through since my last album.”

Reflecting on the past and looking towards the future, Breelan continues to build up her live performance and is looking forward to introducing new music on the road. In addition, as she heads out on radio tours and makes special appearances to introduce DIAMOND IN A RHINESTONE WORLD to fans, old and new, she hopes for as positive a reception as her previous music.

“I put my heart and soul into every song and am inspired by the fans who continue to support me on this great adventure,” she exclaimed. “It’s because of them, and all of my family and friends that I am able to do what I love my own way. I am so grateful for the support and hope everyone sees a little bit of themselves in the music.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment