Wednesday, May 16, 2018

9:25:00 PM

Whiskey soaked, all new, original Traditional Country Music recorded in Nashville TN…no rap, loops or auto-tune. Just real pickers laying it down and going to town! Country Music for grown ups.

Hey Hillbilly Singer! The Honky Tonk in Me Nothing Left to Fight for Anymore Nobody Leaves This World Alive Put Another Quarter in the Ride Wish I Was Here Last Stop in Luckenbach Why Can't Every Day Be Friday Night Cigar Store Indian I Ain't Leaving Town (feat Bobby Marquez) I'll Always Remember This
Album Notes
“Hey Hillbilly Singer!” is the anticipated full length follow up to his successful 2016 Traditional Country release. Scott says “It was amazing to find out that so many people around the world wanted to hear new, original “Old School” Country Music! Once I realized that, it only made sense to hit the studio as soon as possible…I have written tons of this music over the years for myself and I am so excited to share some more with you all!

“To say I was surprised by the success of 2016’s “The Last Honky Tonk In Town” is the understatement of the year!” Almost immediately after it’s August release there were rave reviews across Europe and the UK! Country Music People Magazine named Scott their September 2016 “Honky Tonker Of The Month” and his songs “Whiskey Bottle” and “Whiskey In Heaven” were tied for the #1 spot on the UK’s “Kicking Cuts Chart” as compiled by CMP in September 2016!

In late October that year, Scott’s first official single “Whiskey Bottle” was released to European radio and in November debuted at #27 on the Irish Country Music charts, made it up to #3 on the SwissTex charts as well as being picked up by several BBC UK presenters. The CD made several radio presenters and publications “Top Album Lists of 2016. Scott has been nominated twice (2016 & 2017) by the Academy of Western Artists Awards in the categories of: “Pure Country Album of the Year”, “Pure Country Single of the Year” and “Pure Country Male Vocalist of the Year”.

“Hey Hillbilly Singer!” picks right up where his last CD left off, with high energy Honky Tonk songs, Texas Swingers, Two Steppers, Truck Stop Rockers and Tear in your Beer Ballads that will transport the listener into a dark, neon lit dive bar with sawdust on the dance floor and ice cold long necks in a bucket.

The title track idea was actually born in the studio as another song was being cut: “As we were all listening to my rough guitar vocal reference track, guitarist Brent Mason came around the corner and exclaimed “Hey! Who’s That Hillbilly Singer?” while clapping me on the back. As I drove home that night, Hey Hillbilly Singer just kept rolling around in my head and wouldn’t leave me alone until I got to writing, then called my pal Marc Alan Barnette to help me wrap it up!”

The tongue in cheek “I Ain’t Leaving Town” was never meant to be recorded. “I presented the idea to my co-writer Heino Moeller as a song just to sing at writers rounds because nobody would ever let this on the radio! We were cracking up the whole time we wrote it…but a funny thing happened when we played it out. Everybody would be singing along by the second chorus! One day at a songwriter festival I saw Traditional Country Music recording artist Bobby Marquez in the audience and he was singing at the top of his lungs and cracking up, so I asked if he’d want to record it as a duet (sure that he’d say no thanks) and he jumped right on board!”

When describing the production style incorporated by Scott and Buddy Hyatt, Scott says: “We record fast and loose with the best of the best pickers Nashville has to offer. And given the Pop Country style that’s all the rage in sessions these days, these musicians are energized and excited to dig into the type of music that made them move to Nashville in the first place…that enthusiasm shines through in the recordings and raises my vocal performance as well! We don’t go for perfect…we want emotion and energy. There’s a lot of laughter, friendship and trust in each other in the studio…I hope the listener feels that from the first note to the last!”

https://ift.tt/2GpBpxP

0 comments:

Post a Comment